The COVID-19 virus situation is of concern to all of us in New England. FEI would like you to know that we are proactively taking precautions and managing through these challenging times.
FEI provides life safety fire protection services to New England. We take our responsibility
seriously in making sure that you remain fully protected in the event of a fire, by properly functioning and code compliant fire protection systems. The general slowdown in businesses across New England, due to following social distancing and other virus mitigation efforts, does not reduce our life safety and fire protection responsibilities.
FEI has taken the following steps to be proactive in addressing the safety of both our employees and our customers:
1. FEI employees have been instructed on proper personal protection and hygiene procedures.
2. FEI employees showing any signs of health-related issues have been asked to stay home and will work with our human resources department for proper medical clearance before returning to work.
3. Disinfectant dispensers are in place at all our offices and a staff person has been assigned at each office to perform multiple wipe downs each day on frequently touched surfaces such as doorknobs, table tops, rest rooms, etc. Also, our cleaning companies have been engaged for more frequent and thorough cleaning at all our FEI locations.
4. Service Technicians have been instructed on proper cleaning of tools and equipment after each customer visit and proper personal hygiene protection to be performed while in the field.
5. We are also engaged with various Fire Departments in the region. We have confirmed that code enforcement and fire protection requirements remain in effect. There is no deferral of compliance regulations regarding the protection of your property, employees or first responders.
6. We have contingency plans in place to ensure that FEI can respond to emergency calls 24/7 during this pandemic crisis period. We have cloud-based IT systems and plans for remote operations of our HQ and branch office teams. We have increased our investment in inventory on hand and access to parts with our key suppliers and more.
We want all our customers to be assured that we are here and will continue to support your fire protection needs 24/7.